CRA COVID-19 Response Webinar Series
Now more than ever, rheumatologists require timely information regarding the management of COVID-19 in order to work through this global pandemic. The CRA COVID-19 Response Webinar Series has been developed to provide health care providers within the rheumatology community additional educational resources.
COVID-19 Vaccines: The Discovery Process and Road Ahead
Date: Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Time: 1:00-2:00 pm ET
Where: Zoom Webinar (Online)
- Complimentary for CRA & AHPA members as well as invited guests
- $25* for non-members
* Plus applicable taxes; purchases are non-refundable.
Presenters: Dr. Shehzad Iqbal, Senior Medical Director at Moderna and Dr. Victor Kramer, Medical Advisor at AstraZeneca
Moderator: Sindhu Johnson
This webinar, delivered by one mRNA and one viral protein-based vaccine manufacturer will present a scientific exchange of information to provide health care providers within the rheumatology community additional information to assist with patient care. This session will explore the immunology of vaccines, discovery process to vaccine development, next steps for vaccines, and the road map for variants.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- articulate the immunology of vaccines
- understand the discovery process and scientific approach to vaccine development
- outline the next steps for vaccines, including their application to variants