2008 Grant Awards
The posters and papers listed below each grant arise from work facilitated through the grant funding.
A randomized controlled trial comparing the effect of peripheral magnetic resonance imaging, radiography and standard of care on pharmacotherapeutic escalation in early inflammatory arthritis
Principal Investigator: Adachi, J.D. (PDF)
Co-investigator: Cividino, A
Our research work demonstrates the importance of MRI evaluation in early rheumatoid arthritis with erosions being demonstrated earlier than is seen on x-rays. We have demonstrated the degree of change that must be seen on x-ray and MRI evaluation to be certain that true change has occurred. Finally we have tested novel software that has been developed to evaluate erosion size as well as separate software to evaluate texture on x-ray and correlating it with the presence of erosions.
Presented at the 2012 American College of Rheumatology meeting and 2013 Canadian Rheumatology Association meeting.
Presented at the 2012 American College of Rheumatology meeting.
- The Effect of Evaluation Variability at the Unit of Measurement on the Reliability of OMERACT RAMRIS and van der Heijde-Modified Sharp Score (PDF)
- Systematic Review of the Association between Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Radiographic Detection of Erosions in Rheumatoid Arthritis (PDF)
- Relative, Reliability-Adjusted Diagnostic Test Accuracy of Erosion Detection Between Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Radiography in Rheumatoid Arthritis (PDF)
Presented at the 2014 Hamilton Rheumatology Retreat
- Validity and Reliability of “Early Erosions in Rheumatoid Arthritis” (EERA) Software: Quantifying Erosion Size in the Hand
- Bone Erosions in Patients with RA: Exploring the Impact of the Anatomy of Interest on the Relationship Between MRI and X-ray Erosion Detection (PDF)
- Tricta J, LarcheMJ, Beattie KA, Wong AKO, Bensen WG, Pavlova V, Ioannidis G, Adachi JD. Rheumatoid arthritis patient self assessment of disease activity as determined by joint count compared to clinical joint assessment by trained masters student, Arthritis Rheum (2009)
- Tavares R, Parasu N, Finlay K, Erik Jurriaans E, Wu H, Beattie KA, Larche M, Hart LE, Bensen WG, Bobba RS, Cividino AA, Webber CE, Tarride J-E, Adachi JD, The effect of evaluation variability at the unit of measurement on the reliability of omeract ramris and van der heijde-modified sharp score. Arthritis Rheum (2012)
- Koh MXP, Barbosa JWJ, Tavares R, Tytus S, Emond P, Gordon C, Ioannidis G, Beattie KA, Bensen WG, Bobba RS, Cividino AA, Hart LE, Larche M, Lau AN, Adachi JD, Reliability of the Early Erosions in Rheumatoid Arthritis Software When Quantifying Bone Loss. Arthritis Rheum (2012)
- Tavares R, Tytus SR, BeattiE KA, Larche M, Parasu N, Webber CE, Hart LE, Adachi JD, Systematic Review of the Association Between Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Radiographic Detection of Erosions in Rheumatoid Arthritis, Arthritis Rheum (2012)
- Tavares R, Parasu N, Finlay K, Jurriaans E, Wu H, Beattie KA, Larche M, Hart LE, Bensen WG, Bobba RS, Cividino AA, Webber CE, Tarride J-E, Adachi JD, Relative, reliability-adjusted diagnostic test accuracy of erosion detection between magnetic resonance imaging and radiography in rheumatoid arthritis, Arthritis Rheum (2012)
- Emond PD, Inglis D, Choi A, Tricta J, Adachi JD, Gordon CL, Volume measurement of bone erosions in magnetic resonance images of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, Magn Reson Med (2012)