2011 Grant Awards
The posters and papers listed below each grant arise from work facilitated through the grant funding.
Birth outcomes in women who had juvenile idiopathic arthritis
Principal Investigator: Feldman, D.
Co-investigators: Duffy, C; Bérard, A; Bernatsky, S; Vinet, É; Hazel. B
Our objectives were to determine whether women with a history of JIA had more adverse neonatal and maternal outcomes than mothers who never had JIA. Using administrative health data from Quebec, we designed a cohort of 1681 women with JIA who gave birth for the first time and a matched comparison group of 6724 women who gave birth but never had JIA. Although most women with JIA delivered a normal baby, they were at a much higher risk to have a baby with a major congenital malformation. Also having JIA was associated with a higher likelihood of having heart disease.
- American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, November 14-19, 2014, Feldman, D, Neonatal outcomes in women with a history of juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, November 6-11, 2015, Feldman, D, A Comparison of Maternal Outcomes in Women with and without Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, November 11-16, 2016, Feldman, D, Post-Partum Complications and Depression in New Mothers with Juvenile Arthritis
Presented at the 2015 American College of Rheumatology meeting.
- A Comparison of Prenatal Care in Mothers with and without JIA: Association with Outcomes
- Feldman, D; Vinet, E; Bernatsky, S; Duffy, C; Hazel, B; Meshefedjian, G; Sylvestre, M; Bérard, A; Birth Outcomes in Women with a History of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology(2016)
- Feldman D, Vinet E, Bérard A, Duffy C, Hazel E, Sylvestre MP, Meshefedjian G, Bernatsky S. Heart disease, hypertension, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia/eclampsia in mothers with juvenile arthritis: a nested case control study. Arthritis Care Res (2017)
- Ehrmann Feldman D, Vinet E, Sylvestre MP, Hazel E, Duffy C, Bérard A, Meshefedjian G, Bernatsky S. Postpartum complications in new mothers with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a population-based cohort study. Rheumatology (2017)