2015 Grant Awards
The posters and papers listed below each grant arise from work facilitated through the grant funding.
Improving the Care of Patients with Systemic Vasculitis through the Development of Management Recommendations and Educational Materials: A Canadian Vasculitis
Principal Investigator: Pagnoux, C. (PDF)
Co-investigators: Barra, L; Khalidi, N; Carette, S; Milman, N; Yeung, R; Benseler, S; Twilt, M; Baldwin, C; Reich, H; Walsh, M; Towheed, T; Liang, P; Pineau, C; Bakowsky, V
Systemic vasculitides are extremely challenging rheumatic disorders. Whereas strategies for optimizing the care of patients with vasculitis, which can be life-threatening, have been developed in some countries, mainly in Europe, there was a lack of a similar Canadian program until recently. The Canadian Vasculitis Network (CanVasc) is a national scientific and clinical research network created in November 2010 that includes physicians from different medical subspecialties across Canada. After having developed recommendations for the diagnostic and therapeutic management of ANCA-associated vasculitides, CanVasc is now in the process of establishing recommendations for the management of patients with large vessel vasculitides, including giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis, and a unique, global case-based educational program with a final web-based process to rate and validate the learning experience.
Canadian Rheumatology Association Annual Scientific Meeting, Ottawa, Ontario, February 8-11, 2017, Utility of Biomarkers for the Diagnosis and Management of Takayasu’s Arteritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Presented at the 2016 Canadian Rheumatology Association meeting.
- Pharmacologic Management of Takayasu’s Arteritis: a Systematic Review (PDF)
- Imaging Modalities for the Diagnosis and Disease Activity Assessment of Takayasu’s Arteritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis (PDF)
Presented at the 2017 Canadian Rheumatology Association meeting.
- Clinical Usefulness of 18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography in the Management of Giant Cell Arteritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis (PDF)
- CAVALI (CAnadian VAsculitis Learning Initiative) book, March 2017
- Variations in the clinical practice of physicians managing Takayasu arteritis: a nationwide survey. Barra L, Liang P, Benseler SM, Cabral DA, Fifi-Mah A, Li Y, Milman N, Twilt M, Yacyshyn E, Pagnoux C. Open Access Rheumatol, May 2017
- Imaging Modalities for the Diagnosis and Disease Activity Assessment of Takayasu’s Arteritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Barra L, Kanji T, Malette J, Pagnoux C and CanVasc, Autoimmun Rev, February 2018