2016 Grant Awards
The posters and papers listed below each grant arise from work facilitated through the grant funding.
Quality of referrals to pediatric rheumatology in Northern Alberta and its effects on access to care
Principal Investigator: Chan, M. (PDF)
Co-investigators: Rumsey, D.; Yuan, Y.
- Goal number of referral letters analyzed reached – now awaiting completion of information (as done prospectively, need to wait for all patients to see rheumatologist for final diagnoses, etc.), projecting for a completion date for data collection in late 2017.
- Poster and abstract presentations at the provincial and international level.
- Interest in work from potential international collaborators who now also want to collect similar data.
- Developing interest in the relevance of referral letters in triage and practice from family medicine and pediatrics trainees.
- Educational outcomes: needs assessment around learning how to triage referral letters at our institution.
Women & Children Health Research Institute Annual Research Day, Edmonton, Alberta, October 24, 2018, Rydz, A., Quality of Referral Letters to Pediatric Rheumatology (PDF)
Presented at the 2017 University of Alberta, Department of Pediatrics Research Day and Pediatric Rheumatology Symposium in Houston
Presented at the 2018 Canadian Rheumatology Association meeting.