CRA Resident Programs
The CRA hosts several resident programs exclusively for Canadian rheumatology residents to enhance learning and offer a collegial forum for residents to connect with their peers and program directors from across the country. This year we are pleased to offer several programs, please be sure to save the following dates:
|NWRITE (adult rheumatology programs)||Oct. 16-20, 2023||Date/time varies by centre|
|Fall Resident Event||Nov. 13, 2023||Hosted in San Diego, CA prior to Canada Night at ACR|
|National Virtual OSCE||Nov. 24, 2023||Circuits hosted virtually, 9:00 am & 11:30 am ET|
|Residents’ Pre-Course (Day 1)||Feb. 16, 2024||Hosted virtually, 12:30-4:30 pm ET|
|Residents’ Pre-Course (Day 2)||Feb. 28, 2024||Hosted in-person (virtual option) in Winnipeg, 10:00-2:00 pm CT|
|Spring Resident Event||Apr. 19, 2024||Hosted virtually 12:00-2:00 pm ET|
- Registration required for all CRA resident programs (excluding NWRITE)
- PGY4-5 rheumatology residents must be CRA members in good standing in order to participate in all CRA educational programming
- Trainees that have not applied for a CRA membership before September 15, 2023, will NOT be eligible to apply for a travel bursary to attend the CRA Annual Scientific Meeting (we encourage trainees to apply before September)
- All presentations are hosted in English, the National Written Rheumatology In-Training Examination (NWRITE) and Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) can be taken in either French or English.
To secure your spot at upcoming events you must register in advance for each event, please refer to the links below.
Did you know…? Educational Resources are available for all Rheumatology Residents. To access, login to the CRA member portal and search by category under Workspaces/Educational Resources.
Fall Resident Event: Practice Management
November 13, 2023
Hosted in person from 5:30-6:30 pm PT, in San Deigo, CA prior to Canada Night
This exclusive resident event will feature an interactive Practice Management panel presentation. Ask our panelists anything from practice start-up to clinic efficiencies, and everything in between. Residents are invited to submit questions anonymously in advance of the session (questions are collected with event registration for Canada Night & Fall Resident Event).
National Virtual OSCE
November 24, 2023
Hosted virtually from 9:00am-1:30 ET
Two exam circuits scheduled:
- Circuit #1 from 9:00-11:00 am ET
- Circuit #2 from 11:30 am-1:30 pm ET
All efforts will be made to prioritize residents on the east coast for circuit #1 and residents on the west coast for circuit #2 (all pediatric residents will be scheduled for circuit #2). The final schedule will be posted the week of November 13.
Spring Resident Event
April 19, 2024
Hosted virtually 12:00-2:00 pm ET
Session and registration details are forthcoming.