Join the CRA
Please consider the membership dues levels, rules and restrictions prior to commencing the application process to ensure your eligibility.
Please note: if you are currently employed by the pharmaceutical industry (other than as a contract Research Investigator) as a major part of your professional activity, then you are not eligible to join the CRA.
Membership, Dues Levels, Rules, Inclusions & Restriction
The CRA has 3 membership dues levels. Criteria can be found for each category below. Please note membership is by calendar year.
A Regular dues member shall be limited to persons that have graduated from university and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A member in good standing of a College of Physicians and Surgeons of a province or territory of Canada and actively engaged in the practice of medicine; or
- A person whose practice and achievements demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Board, a competence and professional interest in rheumatic diseases; or
- A member in good standing of the faculty of a recognized medical school in Canada.
If a person is actively employed, the person must have a professional income which is comprised of at least fifty percent (50%) from clinical care or university salary.
Membership Fee Information:
- $500 (plus applicable taxes) early bird rate if application submitted by January 31st (use promo code NEWMEMBER2020 to receive your Early Bird rate).
- $650 (plus applicable taxes) membership fee if application submitted after January 31st.
- The CRA offers a 50% reduction in fees annually for those on maternity/paternity, sick leave and in their first year of practice.
- The preferred method of payment for CRA membership dues is by online credit card payment.
- The CRA accepts VISA, MASTERCARD and will process payment by cheque.
2. Emeritus: No membership dues
An Emeritus member was a prior Regular Member but has retired from active practice and no longer has a medical license.
3. Trainee: No membership dues
A Trainee member is a medical doctor who is enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program in rheumatology (PGY4/PGY5) at an approved institution in Canada. Trainee members must reapply annually and can be awarded a CRA membership for a maximum of two years.
An extension may be granted to those who enroll in further full-time education/training up to a maximum of 2 years (e.g. PGY6/PGY7). Proof of program enrollment will be required each year.
All new applicants must upload a current CV.