Canadian Initiative for Outcomes in Rheumatology cAre (CIORA)
CIORA is a unique granting division of the CRA committed to being a catalyst for improving the care of Canadians living with all rheumatic diseases.
CIORA’s grant program supports sustainable projects related to rheumatic diseases that promote:
- Health Economics/Sustainability of Health Care/Quality Improvement
- Early Access for rheumatic disease patients
- Multi-Disciplinary Care Teams
- NEW! Community Rheumatology
CIORA will have achieved its mandate when:
- Just like cancer and diabetes, all rheumatic diseases are widely recognized by doctors, patients, government and the general population as a serious chronic illness, urgently in need of early intervention and resource allocation;
- Efficient and appropriate systems for rheumatic disease care and referrals are in place across the country;
- Optimal care is available to all Canadians who need it, regardless of where they live.
CIORA is issuing another call for grants in 2021!
CIORA Online Grant Application System opens January 25, 2021.
Letter of Intent must be submitted by February 19, 2021.
CIORA Online Grant Application submission deadline is April 9, 2021 at 17:00 (Pacific Time)
Grant notifications will be sent out in June 2021.
Guidelines and Templates
CIORA (Canadian Initiative for Outcomes in Rheumatology cAre) has been funded by Abbott (now AbbVie) as the founding sponsor since 2006 and as of 2009 it has become multi-sponsored. The Canadian Rheumatology Association would like to thank all of our CIORA sponsors for their support in 2021.
$50,000 to $75,000
Gilead Sciences Canada Inc.