Canadian Initiative for Outcomes in Rheumatology cAre (CIORA)
CIORA is a unique granting division of the CRA committed to being a catalyst for improving the care of Canadians living with all rheumatic diseases.
CIORA’s grant program supports sustainable projects related to rheumatic diseases that promote:
- Health Economics/Sustainability of Health Care/Quality Improvement
- Early Access for rheumatic disease patients
- Multi-Disciplinary Care Teams
CIORA will have achieved its mandate when:
- Just like cancer and diabetes, all rheumatic diseases are widely recognized by doctors, patients, government and the general population as a serious chronic illness, urgently in need of early intervention and resource allocation;
- Efficient and appropriate systems for rheumatic disease care and referrals are in place across the country;
- Optimal care is available to all Canadians who need it, regardless of where they live.
CIORA is issuing another call for grants in 2020!
CIORA Online Grant Application System opens January 27, 2020.
Letter of Intent must be submitted by February 21, 2020.
CIORA Online Grant Application submission deadline is April 30, 2020 at 17:00 (Pacific Time)
Grant notifications will be sent out in June 2020.
Guidelines and Templates
- Tips on how to get a CIORA grant (PDF).
- Everything you wanted to know about CIORA Grants (but were afraid to ask): Tips for the Community and Academic Rheumatologist slides from workshop presented at the 2018 CRA ASM 2018 Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Need help writing a grant application? Would you like to review a successful CIORA grant proposal (provided by Drs. Michelle Teo and Nelly D. Oelke)? Contact Virginia Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIORA (Canadian Initiative for Outcomes in Rheumatology cAre) has been funded by Abbott (now AbbVie) as the founding sponsor since 2006 and as of 2009 it has become multi-sponsored. The Canadian Rheumatology Association would like to thank all of our CIORA sponsors for their support in 2020.
$125,000 to $150,000
Pfizer Canada Inc
$100,000 to $125,000
Eli Lilly Canada Inc.
$35,000 to $50,000
Gilead Sciences Canada