Why should you join the CRA?
Reduced registration for the Annual Scientific Meeting – a $250 savings!
FREE subscription to Journal of Rheumatology – a $335 savings!
FREE subscription to Canadian Rheumatology Association Journal (CRAJ) – a $45 savings!
We provide information dissemination through our enewsletter, CRAJ, JRheum and eblasts.
We are supporting the development of guidelines/statements for:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis in Pregnancy
We have developed a new website to provide “one-stop shopping” for Rheumatologists:
- Access to members’ directory
- Employment opportunities
- Canadian and International Rheumatology event listings
- Latest news & updates
- Access to new educational resources
- Student section – Training programs, Summer Studentship
- Drug updates
- Developing CME programs
- Investing in professional development by organizing workshops, symposiums, debates and interesting speakers at Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Providing subscriptions to the Journal of Rheumatology and the Canadian Rheumatology Association Journal (CRAJ)
- Sending out monthly newsletters
We are developing enhanced/collaborative relationships with:
- ACR (American College of Rheumatology)
- AHPA (Arthritis Health Professions Association)
- Canada Night
- CMA (Canadian Medical Association)
- CEO Forum (group of Medical Association CEO’s)
- CRUS (Canadian Rheumatology Ultrasound Society)
- CSAE (Canadian Society of Association Executives)
- MCR (Mexican College of Rheumatology)
- ORA (Ontario Rheumatology Association)
- PANLAR (Pan American League of Associations for Rheumatology)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Arthritis Society
- Other specialty societies to identify unperceived needs
- Lobbying Non-Insured Health Benefits and Third Party Payers
- Supporting and providing leadership for Arthritis Alliance of Canada
- Responding to Health Canada advisories
- Developing and executing programs that will attract more medical students
- Participating in the Choosing Wisely program
- Participating in the Clinical Practice Variations endeavor
- Facilitating the collaboration of provincial/regional rheumatology groups
- Developing a national recruitment program for rheumatology residents
- Providing research funding opportunities through CIORA.
- Providing survey dissemination of selected investigator lead research.